Gregor Robertson continues to hold lead in Vancouver mayoral race
Vancouver B.C. (20 Oct 2014) – Gregor Robertson enjoys a significant lead over his nearest rivals in Vancouver’s race for mayor, according to a Justason Market Intelligence online survey.
Support for Gregor Robertson of Vision Vancouver stands at 46% among decided voters, while NPA’s Kirk LaPointe trails with 32%. Sixteen per cent (16%) support Meena Wong (COPE).
Robertson versus LaPointe
Demographically, Robertson has the edge among:
- Home renters (50% versus 25%)
- women (54% versus 25%)
- under 45 years (49% versus 25%)
- Downtown (57% versus 28%) and East of Main (45% versus 28%)
Robertson and LaPointe are in a dead heat among:
- Home owners (42% each)
- Men (38% and 41% respectively)
- 45 and older (44% and 39%)
- West Side (42% and 41%)
Research NotesThese are the findings of a Justason Market Intelligence Inc. poll of 327 adult residents of the City of Vancouver. Justason’s panel was the sample source. Data were weighted to match the regional distributions and demographic characteristics of the City according to the most recent census.
- Dates of research: October 12-18, 2014
- Sample: 327 Vancouver City citizens 18 years and older
- Methodology: Online among JMI panel members
- Margin of error: A probability sample of 327 reports a margin of error of ±5.4 percentage points, 95% of the time
- Research Sponsor: Justason Market Intelligence Inc.
Direct: +1 604 783 4165
web: JustasonMI.com twitter: @barbjustason – 30 –